Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Recap: Birthdays, BBQ's, and Housewarmings...Oh my!

Hello and Happy Monday! Where did this past week go? It literally flew by, but when you are waiting for your husband to come home from deployment it is not a bad thing for the weeks to fly by! :) 

I was a very bad blogger last week and only wrote one post! I didn't even do my usual Thankful Thursday's even though last Thursday was a special day, it was my Birthday! So I am going to include Thursday with my weekend recap, because you know Thursday can be part of the weekend, right? 

I had a great actual birthday day! I skipped the gym that morning, and slept in! I had a pedicure at my favorite place, lunch with one of my oldest friends, Kira, (who is actually younger than me) who was in town for a quick visit with her family, and then dinner with my parents at ThaiBox, a really yummy Thai/Cajun restaurant jn Lorton right near Ft. Belvoir. I know some of you may be thinking Thai/Cajun food but it is really GOOD! Very authentic Thai food, and the sweetest family that runs and owns the place. I can only vouch for their Thai food as being AMAZING, but some visit I will have to try out some of their Cajun dishes.

Even though my sweetie was far away, and we were unable to talk on my actual birthday, he still knows how to surprise me and make me feel special. He sent me my favorite flowers, Tulips, and a gourmet basket filled with yummy treats and goodies! There was even a birthday balloon on the flowers! :) He is a keeper!






Friday was a pretty quiet day, but I did end up seeing the movie The Grand Budapest Hotel.
It was a good movie, a little quirky, but funny. You should check it out! 

Saturday, I headed over to my good friend's Jenifer's housewarming party for her new roommate. She moved to the Northern VA/DC area from Southern California this past January.  We had to reassure her that this past Winter here in DC was more of an anomaly, and that it will get warm here eventually! It was fun to meet her, and some of her friends, as well as catch up with some old friends. As per my usual lately, I didn't take any pictures but it was a fun evening with lots of yummy homemade Mexican food! 

Sunday, I hosted a Birthday BBQ to celebrate my birthday! It was a causal afternoon out on the deck, eating yummy food, and hanging out with great friends! I had a great time, and thank you to everyone who was able to make it! You all know how to make a girl feel special!  I also failed with picture taking at the BBQ but I did manage to take one picture of the birthday cupcakes! A girl has priorities! :) 



I hope everyone else had a great weekend, and just think next week is Memorial Day weekend! 

Hugs,

Caroline 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment