Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Weekend Recap!

Hello all my lovely readers! Yes, I know it's Tuesday, and I am now just posting about my weekend! I needed a whole day to recover yesterday! Okay, not really, I was just a little busy and didn't get around to posting.  Last weekend's recap I know was very photo heavy, and this weekend's not so much. I did have a very busy weekend, but just didn't take to many pictures. Some of you may love that, and some of you can just be creative and imagine what it all looked like! 

Friday evening my graduate school, American Public University, had an alumni dinner in Arlington. I had RSVP'd back in early April, and wasn't really feeling like going since I didn't know anyone who would be there, but I went since I had RSVP'd. It actually turned out to be a fun evening, and I met a lot of interesting people from all over the DC Metro area. The table I sat at was full of fun young people, and we have ended up being that table, but hey, we had fun!  I even ended up sitting next to a man who had been stationed at Ft. Eustis and had overlapped some of the time Shaun and I were there. He used to run the Noland Trail which is the trail that is maintained by The Mariners' Museum, where I used to work. I even was in charge of the 10k on The Noland Trail one year.  He was also a big fan of Cheddar's and says whenever he is down in the Hampton Roads area, he stops by and eats there. When he mentioned that I knew he was a good person! Or at least had good taste! :)  Oh Cheddar's, you are a great restaurant! 


I even won a raffle prize, The Anywhere Leader! The book's author, Mike Thompson, was also the guest speaker that evening, and he was really great. A very engaging speaker, who really made you think about the qualities of a leader, and how we can all be leaders in the workplace. I can't wait to start reading his book.

Saturday, I had a very important Daughter's of the American Revolution(DAR) meeting. This meeting was held at Woodlawn Plantation, and was also the meeting where all the members voted whether or not they approved me for membership into the chapter. Luckily they did! Now all my paperwork has to be approved and I will be an official Daughter of the American Revolution member! 

For those of you that might be unfamiliar with the organization, you have to trace your lineage back to a patriot who fought in the American Revolution and be a female who is at least 18 years old. That's it! :)  Groups today are non-profit, non-political volunteer women's service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America's future through better education for children. One of the patriotic services the chapter I now belong to participates in, is meeting the WWII , Korean and Vietnam Honor flights that fly into Reagan National Airport. 

Saturday night, we started to celebrate my amazing mother a little early! We went out to dinner at Silverado's. Sunday the celebration continued as we went to church with my mom, and it was Youth Sunday. The youth of the church do all the planning and leading of the service, including the music, and they even decorated the front of the bulletin. Didn't they do a great job? 


Sunday afternoon my mom's whole side of the family came over for lunch and we had a nice time spoiling my mom, grandma and aunt (all the mother's of the group!) It was fun, and I am so beyond blessed with the amazing mom I have! She has been there for me through so much, and continues to be my biggest fan! I love her! 

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! 

Hugs, 

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment